Action Campaigns: Race 2 Survival (R2S) – Main
► About the Race 2 Survival (R2S) Campaign
► What Does the 2 Stand For?
► 2100: An Unlivable World?
► 2009: We've Already Gone Way Too Far
► Now. Fast. Together!
Climate Emergency 2008 (below + click image for blogs)
Tar Sands Kill
Harper: Race to Extinction
TIFF: Toronto Int'l Film Festival
"We have reached a point of planetary emergency… Elements of a perfect storm, a global cataclysm, are assembled… the oft-stated goal to keep global warming less than +2 ºC (+3.6 ºFahrenheit) is a recipe for global disaster, not salvation." ~ NASA's Dr. James Hansen, global warming testimony to Congress, June 23, 2008
On Nov. 7, 2008, climateye.com initiated a Climate Emergency Campaign (CEC) — an ambitious, necessary and urgent effort to re-frame mainstream misinformation about 'global warming' — more accurately, global heating, global climate destabilization, global weather extreming, global mass extinction, global ecocide.
With the inadequate, offensive and, above all, dangerous underachievement of the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Poznan, Poland, climateye.com has called for all environmental and social justice organizations worldwide to:
Officially declare the climate crisis to be a planetary emergency based on what the most eminent experts now warn is the clear, present, unprecedented and accelerating threat of runaway global heating and risk of catastrophic global climate destabilization. We are long past the point of dangerous interference with the climate system, and we — our species and most others — cannot survive the extremes that are predicted to ensue within the lifetimes of today's children if we delay emergency action any longer.
Read the CALL FOR DECLARATION of GLOBAL CLIMATE…
This initiative was addressed to all participants of the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Poznan, Poland. It included: U.N. Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon, UNFCCC Executive Secretary, Yvo de Boer, National Focal Points (government delegates) from most of the 186 participating countries, and more than 400 environmental, social justice and other organizations, research institutions, participating business and industry representatives.
Wonder if some of the folks in this must-watch video read our email-out. Please support, embrace, take on, and forward widely, our urgent call for the unified declaration of global climate emergency!
- Poznan Conference – Al Gore's speech – Dec. 12, 2008
- Poznan Conference – Opening day press briefing – Dec. 1, 2008
- Poznan Conference – Closing day press briefing – Dec. 12, 2008
Essential Poznan Conference Articles
- * MUST READ: Push the panic button – Jonathon Porritt, The Guardian *
- Al Gore calls for tougher global limit on CO2 levels – David Adam, The Guardian
- 'Embarrassing' to be a Canadian at climate talks: Green party leader – CBC
- Canada ranked near bottom in list of climate change fighters – Mike De Souza, Canwest News Service
- Canada leads race to the bottom at U.N. climate negotiations – CAN Network, Canada
- Canada accused of blocking progress on climate – Canadian Press, Toronto Star
- 'We're still way, way off the mark' – Greenpeace UK E.D., John Sauven, The Guardian
- Global climate change decisions on hold for Obama admin – David Adam, The Guardian
- Germany: the new dirty man of Europe – George Monbiot, The Guardian
- George Monbiot is arguing with me…That has to be good – Sharon Astyk, Casaubon's Book
climateye.com's Climate Emergency Campaign (CEC)